So, we've been covering a lot of ground this term regarding new tools and technology use in the classroom. Every few days I've been randomly searching for new information and general input regarding the use of social media in the classroom. I, personally, am torn between social media use in the classroom. My reasoning is partly because I learned just fine without it, but mostly because some of the options available are so often used in my personal life that I can't really see a viable bridge into the classroom (example: Twitter. Twitter and I have a love-hate relationship. Though I get that it's great for networking, I'm not sure that there is much of substance going on in the tweet-o-sphere.)
With all of that said, I love that I found this webpage listing some of the pros and cons of social media in the classroom. It gave me some things to think about and also reminded me that even though it was only a decade ago that I was in elementary school, classrooms are changing.

No comments:
Post a Comment