Saturday, July 7, 2012

Delicious

Delicious, at least to me, seems intriguing. I like the idea of being able to bookmark to a site that is accessible from multiple computers. (My bookmarks on my laptop sometimes seem like they are taking over!)

How difficult was it to find good sites?
It wasn't exactly difficult to find good sites, but I had to think about what I was looking for. It wasn't so simple as to google search "amazing teacher resource websites" and have things pop up. I even bookmarked some tools that I've used in the past. (I've even had a class that was completely run through Facebook.)

Were there many sites claiming to be educational that were only trying to sell a product?
There were several sites that claimed to be educational, but were only trying to sell a product. On the flipside, there were also several sites that required (on some level) a paid subscription. Example: when I was at UNCA, we used Moodle. The school paid a subscription to use it, so there was a cost associated with the site, however it was an interesting program to use.

Did you find many sites that were not valuable as a resource?
I found a couple of sites that just didn't have anything I would use. I can't say that that makes them "not valuable" - they just weren't valuable to me.

What did you think of some of the Web 2.0 sites?
I like the idea of interactive websites, I just don't know that they have a place in elementary classrooms.

Did you choose many of the same sites as the students you are following in Delicious?
I'm pretty sure there is overlap with a couple of sites, however I also know that we all seemed to go in different directions. Some students picked individual subjects, others went for a more broad coverage.

What did you like about the 15 sites you selected?
I think that they cover a little bit of everything. Many of my sites I think are adaptable, but there were a couple of sites that I liked the overall idea of but am not entirely sure how to incorporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment